Advantages of Using a Silicone Adhesive Tape
Silicones are elastomeric systems that offer a unique combination of flexibility and strength that makes them attractive for ensuring successful bonding in diverse applications and industries. Silicone adhesives, sealants, coatings, and potting compounds can withstand shock, vibration, impact, and aggressive thermal cycling, while maintaining elasticity, stress resistance, and long-term high-temperature resistance. Along with their thermal stability, silicone adhesives are available in optically clear formulations and a wide range of hardnesses while ensuring high bond strength even between dissimilar substrates.
7 Advantages of Using a Silicone Adhesive Tape:
- High Flexibility [low modulus at sub-ambient temperature]
- Consistent performance over wide temperature range [e.g. Polyimide Tapes]
- Excellent aging and UV resistance [LED applications]
- High Temperature resistance [e.g. 400 F – 600F]
- Good resistance to polar solvents
- Bonds very well to silicone substrates such as release liners, silicone sponge, etc.
- Low initial tack allowing repositioning during application.
For more information about our product offering of materials with film release liners and other products in addition to our capabilities, Contact Us.